Both rural and metropolitan water districts and authorities across the country can benefit from significant energy savings by installing solar at wastewater treatment plants, water irrigation and distribution centers, or other unused land. Special districts and local governments across the U.S. with an eye on both long- and short-term financial health have reduced operating costs by investing in solar power generation projects.
Flexible Financing for Water District Solar Projects
Borrego Solar offers a range of financing solutions to help fund solar panel systems for water districts. We understand both the advantages and disadvantages of different financing options and can help you choose the best match for the capital and return needs. Through a variety of options, you can own, lease or purchase a solar PV system.
- Power Purchase Agreement (PPA)
- Tax Exempt Municipal Lease
- General Obligation Bonds (G.O. Bonds)
- Clean Renewable Energy Bonds (CREBS)
- Cash-Based Direct Buy
Borrego Solar has a proven record of success with over $500MM in partnered finance.
Our finance team has energetic relationships with financial institutions and other funding sources to help get your solar project off the ground faster—so you see savings sooner.
Why Water Districts Choose Borrego Solar
Our skilled design team chooses the most efficient solar technologies for your site and budget. We develop and install solar power for water districts that add value in a number of areas, for example:
- A roof-mounted photovoltaic system for Massachusetts Water Resources Authority (MWRA) was designed to reduce energy consumption that limits both operating costs and environmental impacts.
- Elevated shade structures can serve the dual function of both providing shade to equipment yards while producing clean energy like the Borrego Solar project at Helix Water District in El Cajon, Calif.
- A ground-mounted tracker that follows the sun’s trajectory during daylight hours such as Zone 7 Water Agency in Livermore, Calif. can provide energy credits when the system out produces the organization’s electricity needs and feeds energy back onto the utility grid.
“This is our marquee renewable energy effort. It certainly was easy working with Borrego. They were very professional and diligent in getting the project constructed on time.”
Partner with an experienced EPC (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction) solar energy leader and you could start saving on day one. Borrego Solar has over 35 years of experience in the field. Find out how we can maximize your energy savings for the next 20+ years.