Area Supervisor, O&M
Borrego Solar Systems, Inc., a leading national engineering, financing, design, construction, operation and maintenance firm concentrating on the development of solar and energy storage systems for the commercial, utility, and public sectors, seeks an O&M Area Supervisor for the Boston, MA Region.
Teamwork, integrity, a passion for sustainable energy, and an ability to generate and manage change is what drives our company’s success. We are seeking an experienced, motivated and well organized professional whose dedication and leadership will help propel the company to achieve its most important goals.
About the Position: The Area Supervisor is field supervisor responsible for overseeing O&M activity in their assigned area of operations. Additionally the Area Supervisor is a point of contact for customers in the region.
Safety is a core value in Borrego Solar and the Solar Electrician must:
· Read, understand and sign all safety procedures.
· Lead regular safety meetings ad required.
· Ensure every employee within reporting structure attends weekly safety meetings.
· Ensure employees within reporting structure has received all required PPE.
· Ensure employees within reporting structure all required safety training.
· Ensure employees within reporting structure, have read, understood and signed all safety procedures.
· Ensure every safety incident is reported timely and accurately.
· Ensure every safety incident is fully investigated, documented and corrective actions are implemented.
· In collaboration Regional Managers, foster a strong EHS culture in the O&M department.
Position Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· Demonstrate integrity, strong initiative, work ethic, as well as a focus on safety and quality of work on a continuous basis.
· Supervise, lead and train all operations team members in the region, meeting regularly with direct reports to review their progress in achieving personal and departmental goals and objectives.
· Ensure that work being performed in the area meets or exceeds Borrego Solar O&M standards.
· Perform Preventive Maintenance on solar and battery installations in accordance with Borrego, customer, and OEM standards.
· Perform Corrective Maintenance on solar and battery installations in accordance with Borrego, customer, and OEM standards, ensuring that the root cause has been identified and corrected.
· Ensure all PPE, tools, and equipment assigned to the employee are accounted for, maintained in good condition, repaired or replaced as required.
· Track and report to both management and customers on the progress of pending work, work in progress, and completed work.
· Price, develop and submit proposals to customers for out of scope work.
· Obtain quotes, develop and submit PO’s for subcontracted work within the Salesforce platform.
· Interface with SCADA/DAS systems to understand onsite issue with the ability to communicate to both management and customers.
· Review and comment on Case documentation to ensure that Borrego Solar O&M standards are met and the customer receives a complete and detailed report.
· Correctly document all work in a Service Visit and Case within Borrego Solar’s CMMS. Correct documentation includes proper grammar and spelling, photography, thermal photography, and completion of checklists.
· Act as escalation point for technical or customer issues that are not successfully resolved by direct reports.
· Such other duties and responsibilities as may be determined by the Regional Manager.
Desired Skills and Experience:
· High school diploma or equivalent.
· Must be able to pass a criminal background and motor vehicle record check.
· Must be willing to endorse MA Master Electrical Business License to Borrego Solar.
· Ability to communicate in English both orally and writing.
· Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
· Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
· Basic computer operation skills and familiarity with internet based program navigation and Salesforce systems.
· Proven experience understanding and implementing OSHA regulations.
· Ability to read, interpret and understand basic drawings and schematics.
· Knowledge and understanding of solar plant construction and comprehension of how onsite equipment interacts with the overall plant.
· Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot and repair SCADA/DAS systems which are used to monitor and report onsite performance.
· Knowledge of and ability to perform IV Curve tracing, determine if an issue exists and repair it.
· Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot and repair major solar plant components (e.g. central and string inverters, transformers, combiner and re-combiner boxes, switch gears, PV modules, etc.)
· Knowledge of and ability to troubleshoot and repair major battery storage components (e.g. central and string inverters, transformers, combiner and re-combiner boxes, switch gears, battery banks, etc.).
· May be required to travel up to 50% of the time.
· Required to work more than 50% of the time in the field performing Preventive and Corrective Maintenances.
· Required to work in office conditions less than 50% of the time.
· Work in a fast changing environment which may require quick decisions with limited processes and procedures.
· Ability to drive a vehicle.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time.
· Ability to walk distances up to 5 miles in a day.
· Ability to ascend or descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, and the like, maintaining 3 points of contact.
· Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
· Ability to maintain body equilibrium to prevent falling and walking, standing or crouching on narrow or slippery surfaces.
· Required to have visual acuity which includes depth perception, field of vision and the ability to distinguish between colors.
· Ability to work in outside environments which may include but are not limited to, extreme heat (temperatures above 100°F) or extreme cold (temperatures below 32°F) for periods of more than one hour.
· Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Borrego Solar’s approach to compensating our employees is unique and progressive. We offer a workplace that is casual, upbeat and hard working. We strive for quality workmanship and place a large emphasis on customer satisfaction and education. We promote from within and are looking for career-minded individuals, looking to advance in the growing solar industry. We offer great pay commensurate with experience along with excellent benefits including:
•Competitive base salary
•Potential for bonuses
•Comprehensive benefits package including dental, vision, health, life, and disability insurance
•Self-managed flexible work schedules and time-off policies
•401(k) plan with company match and immediate vesting
•Continuing education and professional development assistance
Borrego Solar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetics, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal and local laws. In addition to federal law requirements, Borrego complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Thank you for considering to join our team! We can’t wait to hear from you.
(We are not using external recruiting services at this time.)